Seeking talented Individuals
Becker & Hickl GmbH is technology leader in advanced photon counting (TCSPC), based in Berlin, Germany. Our products range from different TCSPC devices, FLIM upgrade kits for laser scanning microscopes of various manufacturers, TCSPC modules for commercial time-domain optical tomography instruments, multichannel scalers, picosecond photon correlator, picosecond diode lasers, to various experiment control modules. Based on these modules we have introduced our own confocal fluorescence lifetime laser scanning microscope. Our team is focused on research applications, electronics, optomechanical design and user support. Take the opportunity, join our team!
Our current job openings, please see below.
Current Job openings
Hardware FPGA Design Engineer / FPGA Designer (m/f/x)
- The Hardware FPGA Engineer will be part of a small team developing systems used in state of the art Photon Counting measurement systems.
- The engineer will work closely with PCB and software engineers to implement proof-of-concept hardware designs as well as new products
- The FPGA development work will include design specification, reviews, coding in VHDL, simulation, design verification and integration.
- The engineer will analyze schematic firmware designs to perform product migration.
- The engineer must be able to work both independently and collaboratively as the project requires.
- Education: BS or MS in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years design and development of FPGA in VHDL is required.
- Well-grounded experience with Xilinx synthesis and routing tools such as ISE and Vivado (Design for performance, constraints, design-flow) along with simulation tools such as Modelsim and ISIM is highly required.
- Experience with Xilinx logic families is desirable.
- Experience with synchronous / asynchronous schematics firmware design and analysis is an advantage.
- Knowledge of microcontroller programming languages (C, Assembler) is desirable.
- An understanding of hardware engineering design and development processes is required.
- Well-grounded knowledge of Microsoft Office tool-suite and Windows operating systems is required.
- English level B2 is required.
- Knowledge of German language (A2 level) is required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with engineering team to test and design new concepts and product ideas
- Development including initial specification, coding, simulation, verification, and testing of hardware and/or system components in English.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org