This book is an attempt to bridge the gap between the instrumental principles of multi-dimensional time-correlated single photon counting (TCSPC) and typical applications of the technique. Written by an originator of the technique and by sucessful users, it covers the basic principles of the technique, its interaction with optical imaging methods and its application to a wide range of experimental tasks in life sciences and clinical research.
The book is recommended for all users of time-resolved detection techniques in biology, bio-chemistry, spectroscopy of live systems, live cell microscopy, clinical imaging, spectroscopy of single molecules, and other applications that require the detection of low-level light signals at single-photon sensitivity and picosecond time resolution.
- Edited by the originator of the technique
- Written by expert users of the technique
- Provides clear connection of instrumental principles, physical effects used, and applications in life sciences
- Stresses applications in medicine and biology
- Helps users from non-physics and non-engineering areas to understand the technique and optimize their experiment